Regular health screening can offer a vital 'early warning system'. Early detection of conditions can often lead to prompt and effective treatment which can increase the likelihood of a full recovery.
Whether you have a family history of illness, are predisposed to certain conditions, have a specific concern you'd like to discuss with a qualified health practitioner, or merely want to find out how your body's coping with the day-to-day challenges of modern life, we will assess your general health through a series of clinical examinations and investigations to give you the insight you need to positively manage your health and well-being.
Our range of health screens and health checks are especially designed to:
- Provide a full, in-depth review of your health
- Explore your current health and lifestyle choices
- Spot potential health risk factors
- Discuss any concerns or issues you may have
- Offer professional, tailored advice on how you can improve your health and well-being
A typical medical will include:
1) A detailed medical history and lifestyle questionnaire
2) Conducted by a health screening nurse:
- Height and weight measurement - Body Mass Index; hip-to-waist ratio
- Blood pressure measurements
- Urine analysis
- Lung function testing
- Hearing test
- Vision testing
- Blood tests checking liver, kidney, blood, cholesterol etc.
- Resting ECG - electrocardiogram (heart tracing)
- Aerobic fitness assessment (Chester Step)
- Over 40's - faecal blood test (screening for colon/bowel cancer)
- Men over 40 - PSA test to identify risk of prostate cancer
3) Conducted by the Doctor:
- Thorough full physical consultation and examination
- For women: breast examination and instruction on self-examination
- For men: testicular examination and instruction on self-examination
After your health screen assessment, your results are collated and a detailed report is sent to you and your GP (with your permission) giving specific advice intended to deal with any issues identified. A personal Health/wellness action plan is also included.